Monday, January 7, 2013

Triplets?

Ever since her daycare teacher announced her pregnancy last winter, E has been fascinated by the fact that people can grow babies in their tummies, and that the babies just "pop out." Since last winter, E has been growing babies in her tummy. Once we told her that I was pregnant, she has been growing a little girl in her tummy named Adaline. She is convinced that Adaline is real, and often tells me things that we need to buy for the baby in her tummy and the baby in my tummy. This has been pretty easy to deal with, we simply talk about making a list of things we need.

However, right around Christmas she added a new wrinkle. A baby in her daddy's tummy. Not just any baby, according to E, baby Jesus is in her daddy's tummy. E's daycare is somewhat religious, and rather then learning about Santa around Christmas, they learned the Bible story. And, ever since, baby Jesus has been at the forefront of E's mind.

So, tonight, I was putting E to bed (for the 5th time) and she announced that we needed to buy a bed for her baby. I suggested that her baby could sleep in her crib, since she didn't need it anymore. At that point, E said "its not big enough" I asked her what she needed, and she explained that we needed three cribs, one Adaline, one for baby Jesus, and one for the "baby in your tummy."

I'm not sure exactly what we are going to do about all three of these babies. I'm also starting to get a little worried about what will happen in April once I have a baby, and E does not. Although, E has decided that her baby should be born on March 1, so that she and Adaline can share a "born day."

No comments:

Post a Comment