Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 3- Today was Grandma and Grandpa's 40th wedding anniversary. We celebrated with they by attending church and having brunch with  them and dada's aunt and uncle. The girls had a great time, and were very well behaved. Although brunch was upstairs, and I'm guessing M and I walked up and down 20 times. After quiet time (which I spent sleeping on E's floor) E and I went to Costco and the grocery store. E had an elaborate snacking plan for Costco, which involved staggering our treat purchases (smoothie, ice cream, and churro) so that some could be eaten at home.

After only cooking once last week, we are ready to get back to the normal thing of having food around.

August 2- We went to the downtown farmers market this morning, which is a treat for E, since we always get a bag of popcorn bigger then her! We strolled around the square and snacked and shopped. After a while we stopped for a picnic and some running around.  M kept trying to run back onto the sidewalk into the crowd. We headed home for quiet time, M took a very short nap, she fell asleep in the car, and the transfer didn't work so well. We went back for more playtime and a picnic, Teddy helped with tubbies, and it was time to say goodbye.

August 1- Today, at long last, Teddy was here to visit. E has been asking every day this week when he would get here, and today it was! We started with breakfast at Mickies, and then the girls went to Ama and Ada's to play. They played all day, and wore Teddy out. When I got to Ama's they were playing in the sprinkler, and were having a wonderful time. We got to go out for fish fry (M likes fish) and then we played at Ama and Ada's just a bit more. We headed home for bedtime, and everyone was out quick!

I don't know why we didn't get the camera out with Teddy. M loves the dish washer for some reason, every time its open, she is right on it.

This visit with Teddy was a little different for E, usually it takes her a little while to warm up, but this time, she was ready for him right away. M on the other hand was ready to give hugs immediately. This is one of those personality differences I'm curious to see when they are older.

July 31- Things are starting to get back to normal around here. Today, M spent the morning at home, and the afternoon with Grandpa. Dada and E spent the day at home. The girls got to play with their friends this morning, and again in the afternoon. E finally got her Doc McStuffin's kit to check over her dada, and M likes to chew on the blood pressure bulb. Both girls helped me cook dinner, M sampling the red peppers and summer squash, E helping by doing the dishes.

July 30- It was our 9th anniversary today! Today M went over to Grandma and Grandpas, and E whet to Ama and Ada's. M got to go to the grocery store, and Grandma and Grandpa report that she loved sitting in the cart and looking for Grandma in the store. Once everyone was home, we played outside with water and all the little girls for a nice long while, we didn't have dinner until 7, which is pretty much unheard of for us! I recently bought us some more spoons and water toys, so they were getting a workout.

After our anniversary dinner, we had cupcakes (momma and dada) and the girls had cake pops. I offered E a cupcake, but she said she prefered the pop.

July 29- We had sort of a crazy day, M went to Ama and Ada's and E and dada stayed home. We started out the morning with E's last dance class, so it was a family watch day. It was a little hard with M there, she kept trying to get onto the dance floor. Then, I headed to work and took M to Ama and Ada's house, they said that she had a great time. After work, we played with water for a bit, before heading to HyVee for dinner. HyVee is our favorite restaurant these days, since its fast and everyone can get exactly what they want.

July 28- Today I got one of the scariest phone calls that I have ever gotten. I got back to my desk after a long all staff meeting, and dada's mom was calling to tell me their had been a car accident. Dada was in the emergency room, and the girls were at their grandparents house. I left work immediately, to the ER since the girls had been checked over and pronounced fine (I'm so grateful for car seats). Ama, Ada, and I spent most of the afternoon at the ER, and then cleaning out our totaled green van.

The girls handled (and are handling) things pretty well, apparently their was a woman at the scene with children, who knew how to talk to them, and the right things to say. It helps that M is too young to remember, and E doesn't understand what could have happened in that situation. Dada is ok, he is pretty banged up, but recovering.

July 27- Today was the last day of our staycation, we celebrated by having a nice day together as a family. We didn't do anything too out of the ordinary. But Ama and Ada helped us celebrate by having the girls over for a little while.

Also today, E moved out of a toddler bed into a big girl bed. Her toddler bed literally collapsed, so it was time. M had to play while the toddler bed was put together, she sat on the floor and sprayed herself with a water bottle in the face, she thought it was pretty funny!

July 25- I don't remember too much of what we were doing today, all I remember is that I asked M if she wanted to go outside, and she went and got her purse!

July 26- Today we were lucky enough to play with our friends all morning. When the weather is nice, we get out chalk, bubbles, or a bucket of water and pretty much play the day away. In the afternoon, we headed to the mall for a special visit with Princess Anna from Frozen. E was a little intimiated to meet a Princess up close.

M wasn't too interested, but she says Anna and points at pictures her. After the Princess, we had ice cream at the mall.

July 24- We had promised E a trip to the Disney Store, and since we didn't end up staying on Michigan Ave. we went to the one in Schaumburg. E did pretty well not asking for tons of stuff, but there were some moments. She had planned to get an Aerial doll and a Tiana doll, and the store didn't have Tiana in the small size, which caused a conflict.

M had a great time in the play area, the kids weren't too wild, so she really got to move around and explore without getting run into by big kids. After the mall, we headed home to begin our "staycation" which is a word E thinks is pretty funny.

July 23- Today we went to the Shedd Aquarium. I was a little surprised that E didn't seem very excited to go. She is hard when staying at a hotel, she usually wants to just play there, and not do too much vacation type stuff. We saw the dolphins and belugas, and lots of other animals. M's favorite part was the water play area (big surprise) and another area with a big table she could stand under.

After the Shedd we went to the Field Museum, E loved it, she and dada got to see the dinosaurs and most of the Museum. M fell asleep after a little while, and I ended up holding her. We left the Museum's in time to get back to the hotel for happy hour snacks and a swim in the pool. E has been wanting to take a "late night swim" and I tried to convince her this was it, but I'm not sure she bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment