Tuesday, August 14, 2012


We took our family vacation in Chicago this year, partly based on Chicago Comic Con. We headed down to the city and went straight to the Field Museum. E loves the Milwaukee Public Museum, but she told us the Field Museum was "to loud." We were surprised at her reaction, but many of the exhibit rooms were on the dark side and had high ceilings, so I'm guessing the place made her feel a little small.

The first part of the Museum E warmed up to was this reconstructed house in the Indonesian area of the museum.

Then, she loved the kid area. There were several big kids playing kitchen with the corn and E was so excited to get to play with them, she kept taking the corn out of the pot, running with it, and bringing it back to them.

The kid area also had a bunch of of dinosaur themed things, but aside from the station where you could dig a dino bone out of sand, she wasn't very interested.

The next day we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, it was quite a trip to get there, E got to ride on the L, or as we called it, the "Dinosaur Train." She didn't mind the train too much, although she found it loud at times.

She had a lot of fun in the children's zoo, they had some water to play in and a huge climber set (which she refused to go on).
Clowning around with momma during a popcorn break
Playing with her "Kercheck" bubbles. We got to see a training session with one of the gorillas, so she got some bubbles to commemorate the event. She named the blue ones Kercheck, and the purple one Kala after the gorillas in the Jungle Book and Tarzan

First time riding the bus

Too tired on the bus, it was a big day.

We wanted a picture of the Bean at the "bean" but she was still pretty tired!

Saturday morning, E went to Comic Con with dada, she got to see her favorites: the Hulk, Captain America's dada, and Natasha Romanov.

Then, E and I headed downtown to go to tea at American Girl Place. I have been looking forward to taking a daughter there since December of 2008. When I first saw that place, I called Andy and told him we needed a little girl!

So, off we went. The two of us rode the L, walked up Michigan Avenue, stopped to get dada some chocolates (E claimed the white chocolate piece), went to the Disney Store (a new Minnie Mouse and Cinderella came home with us) and got to tea.

Our first stop was back to the bean, E enjoyed it this time, although she didn't want to play in the water at the other part of the park.
E and her baby at tea

E loved having a high chair for her baby, she couldn't decide where the best place was for it! Then, we had to get chairs for the new Minnie and Cinderella.

 They provided tiny doll sized cups and plates, E insisted on having some water in the cup for the baby, and put a sandwich on the little plate.

Here are all our tea guests in their chair, unfortunately, just after this picture, E tried to move the baby's chair and fell out of her chair. She insisted on sitting on my lap, and fell asleep in minutes.

The final day of our vacation, dada went back to Comic Con for a little bit and E and I hung around the hotel room. E got to watch "live" TV a few times, instead of the Netflix she's used to. Since she saw Olivia she expected that to be on all the time. She also enjoyed the hotel breakfast, although the said that the cinnamon wasn't as good as the ones at Mickie's. She also loved the evening reception, she got a chance to drink bubbly, and eat what she called a "spicy" snack.

After Comic Con, we went to Momma's con, Stitches Midwest. E was a very good sport, and at first was excited to see the "knitting ladies." They weren't quite what she was hoping for, but she made it through most of the convention anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment